Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default A little Hurricane help.

For those of you who don't know my name is Nick Leone, and I am the facility manager of a non-profit camp. YMCA Camp Indian Springs is a beautiful 72 acres of natural Florida. We have huge oak, magnolia, pine and many other verity of trees. We offer kids a chance to get out and learn in nature. Being that we have so much nature all around us, hurricanes are not very easy to deal with, as little bits of nature fell in, on, and all around our camp. Some of these little bits where not so little. In fact some of the trees that fell this last weekend were quite large. Being that we are a not for profit, i.e. very poor. I am in desperate need of a chainsaw to clean up the debris that Hurricane Dennis so benevolently gave to us. We are very busy trying to clean up camp in preparation for campers next Sunday. Any donations to camp are tax deductible, and greatly appreciated. We can be reached by phone at (850) 926-3361, donations can be made directly on our website www.campindiansprings.com, or you can PM me on this board.
    Thank you,
    Nick Leone

Hey Nick,
    I have a chainsaw you can BORROW. Are you going to Tampa this weekend? I will be in town, and I am going to Ginnie tomorrow. Let me know.
    John

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

www.floridacavediver.com

Thank you for the offer, i now feel your pain with the whole roofing thing, i was on a tin roof this morning replacing some tin, and came close to passing out. man its hot. hopefully in the next few weeks I can get some time off to go for a fun dive.
    Nick

Quote Originally Posted by Caver95
    Thank you for the offer, i now feel your pain with the whole roofing thing, i was on a tin roof this morning replacing some tin, and came close to passing out. man its hot. hopefully in the next few weeks I can get some time off to go for a fun dive.
    Nick
    Yeah man, that roofing is a thankless job. I spent the whole memorial day weekend roofing a house, and it was so hot my feet were burning thru my skateboard shoes, and the tiles were soft as wet toilet paper.

"If you are not living on the edge, you are taking up too much space"

www.floridacavediver.com