Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread

Question Barter for Cash Free stays at the cave house.

I have never tried bartering before but in this case It would help me out tremendously for the following reasons.

I have a house in South Atlanta that is in need of a refurb (to put it mildly). The contractor I had took some $$ for the work and skipped out on me leaving me with a very tiny remaining budget for repairs. It was surprising because he had already done several jobs for me previously that were very nice! lesson learned is that even when you get to know someone you still need a formal contract.

The house was built in 1925, it needs a whole rehab job, including electrical and plumbing, painting, fixtures, window repair, wood floor repair.. and the list goes on and on. It's a lovely classic house that needs some love because it has alot of potential.

I was wondering if there is anyone in the cave community who has skills to do this or at least some of it, and would be interested in barteing for stays at the cave house. I charge $100 per night for the house so we could work out value of services based on this number.

Let me know if you are interested.

Lesley

Special Forum Member

Leslie,
    I was part of the group staying there this weekend. This was my first visit to the Cave House. It's HUGE! Great place and excellent location. Thanks!

Shirley
    I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Anybody can be calm and centered with a few candles, some incense, quiet peaceful surroundings...the trick in life is to clear your head and find that calm spot in a shitstorm...to filter out distractions in a beehive world and focus on simple, true things. - Bob Bates

I stayed there the weekend of the 14th and was really impressed! The Cave House is roomy, clean and only .4 miles from Peacock. Unfortunately I'm not a contractor so I can't help you with your GA home but I do hope someone takes you up on your offer.

Everyone I have ever talked to reported to me that the place was perfect.....close to Peacock & close to Cow.

I wish you guys would keep it down. We had such a good experience we dont want anybody else knowing our secret.

Seriously one of our best stays in the peacock area yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk