Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Stop fighting you two
    NOW! ;D

Quote Originally Posted by CaveMD View Post
    Clearly you spell your own name wrong

I didn't want you to stop the discussion here ... just to stop fighting

Quote Originally Posted by OH View Post
    Stop fighting you two
    NOW! ;D

Red face Ruedi Reservoir, near Basalt, CO November, 1978

The bottom of Ruedi Reservoir is 240' deep to the floor.

A cowboy from neaby Basalt managed to drive himself into the reservoir after inbibing in an all niter at a local bar. I was called out on a recovery with Rocky Mtn S & R to search for his pick-up & his body. Late November, & snowing, two of us entered the lake. Surface temperature was near freezing.
    We were on air & hit 170' and no where near the floor of the reservoir. Even in dry suits, it was cold. I thumbed the dive because i felt it unsafe & stupid. This was years before EAN or Tri-mix were even available to the general public.
    If you are diving deep, do the math & fill with what the dive calls for. It is available & makes for common sense !

For what it's worth !

JE

What's air?

Damnit, here we go again...
    "I dove beyond my limits"

-The Giant Grass Carp in JB

Been there.?....
    Last edited by RETIRED 11; 08-16-2012 at 12:58 AM. Reason: Stupidity

Quote Originally Posted by Spareparts06 View Post
    What's air?
    Drum role please.

Marci has a great "narc'd" story where I just put the reel down on the cave floor and kept swimming on in Lower Lower Orange Grove. After she got done freaking out over me just leaving the reel and swimming off, she finally noticed I'd tied it into the gold line. Obviously she blanked the whole "tying in to the gold line" part, and while I'm pretty fair with lines and reasonably fast, I'm not that fast, especially at 130 ft.

Based on that and other experiences, I pretty much plan to limit her END to around 100-110' as she does not function to our personal standards below that, so that becomes the END for our team dives. I have however noted that she does a little better in terms of situational awareness and general function with a scooter in places like Ginnie and Little River with flow and 100'ish depths, so I suspect elevated CO2 levels increase the narcosis she experiences when swimming into flow.

Solo, I might go as deep as 130' on a non stressful cave dive in ideal conditions in very familiar cave, but I can't right off think of a valid reason to do that.
    NACD Cave DPV Cert # 666: Cave DPV Anti-christ

Quote Originally Posted by DA Aquamaster View Post
    Marci has a great "narc'd" story where I just put the reel down on the cave floor and kept swimming on in Lower Lower Orange Grove. After she got done freaking out over me just leaving the reel and swimming off, she finally noticed I'd tied it into the gold line. Obviously she blanked the whole "tying in to the gold line" part, and while I'm pretty fair with lines and reasonably fast, I'm not that fast, especially at 130 ft.

Based on that and other experiences, I pretty much plan to limit her END to around 100-110' as she does not function to our personal standards below that, so that becomes the END for our team dives. I have however noted that she does a little better in terms of situational awareness and general function with a scooter in places like Ginnie and Little River with flow and 100'ish depths, so I suspect elevated CO2 levels increase the narcosis she experiences when swimming into flow.

Solo, I might go as deep as 130' on a non stressful cave dive in ideal conditions in very familiar cave, but I can't right off think of a valid reason to do that.
    plus one. on all my shallow Mexico stuff we use air diluent