Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Default the "Wes Skiles Memorial Art of the Springs Exhibition" 2012

The Wes Skiles Memorial Art of the Springs Exhibition is a salon style art exhibition run in conjunction with the 2012 CDF Work Shop. http://www.nsscds.org/content/main-workshop-may-2012 . This exhibition will feature photos, paintings, drawings sculpture and prints celebrating the beauty and majesty of the worlds fresh water springs both above and below. To apply to exhibit your work, please go to the NSS-CDS website and from there click" Preregistration" Go to http://www.eventbrite.com/event/2848418697 for more information. After registering for the workshop, register for the art show. All work will be reviewed by the CDS via Michael Angelo and Kelly Jessop (thanks Kelly for volunteering) Entries need not be CDS members but all non CDS members will recieve the CDS rate for the workshop.
    There is a $20 fee to cover the costs of the exhibition. This includes up to 4 J-pegs artworks, addition artworks will be an additional $5 per J-peg. All sales resulting from the exhibition will be split 30/70 with 70% to the artist and 30% to the CDS to be use in conservation efforts. Please support this effort.
    Michael Angelo Artwork for a Wet World
    www.michael-angelo-art.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

I have been made aware that some divers are holding back from entering the art exhibit because they feel that they are "amateurs" competing against "Professionals". The CDS has graciously had plenty of wall space built to accommodate entries of all levels. So if you have had any interest in entering please do not feel intimidated.
    Michael Angelo Artwork for a Wet World
    www.michael-angelo-art.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

Administrator Forum Admin

MA, I see there is a fee for the art show. is this an entry fee for artists, or does everyone viewing the exhibit have to pay. I am pretty sure I know the answer, but it needs clarification, or there won't be many attendees.
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    MA, I see there is a fee for the art show. is this an entry fee for artists, or does everyone viewing the exhibit have to pay. I am pretty sure I know the answer, but it needs clarification, or there won't be many attendees.

The fee looks to be for those entering (having been a volunteer at one point in an art gallery I know this to be common practice). I have a piece I want to submit. I just keep dragging my feet on getting things together. I'll get things ready today so I can get it ready for submission. If I want to be able to sell prints of an original work, can I do so? (The piece is a painting, so I'm wanting to know if I can have the painting on display/for sale as an original, and have the option of selling printed copies as well). I may do this via an ordering sheet instead of prints on hand, as I don't want to print a bunch of copies if no one is interested in purchasing any prints. Let me know if this would be ok to do. I am looking foward to it.

Whit I see ad unclear is post #9 in this thread:
    http://www.cavediver.net/forum/showt...1-CDS-Workshop
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Whit I see ad unclear is post #9 in this thread:
    http://www.cavediver.net/forum/showt...1-CDS-Workshop
    You are right Forrest, it possibly sounds like the art exhibit is only for 15 minutes, although the mention is under speakers. Actually, that is a time slot for Michael to speak about it. Will come up with a way to convey that.
    9/11....... I remember .........

Can you also provide clarification on whether entries into the art contest must purchase a workshop ticket/attend the workshop...the statements from the registration website are unclear.

"Art Exhibit Entry includes workshop ticket at the discounted NSS-CDS rate. Includes up to four digital image entries. There is a $5.00 fee for each additional artwork above four. Details of 2D artwork count as an additional artwork. Sculptors may provide one additional view per artwork without cost. Artists accepted to exhibit will not be charged additional fees of any kind. If the artist wishes to attend the workshop they may purchase their entry ticket at the discounted NSS-CDS rate.

So does anyone wishing to look at the art have to pay a separate entrance fee or is it included in the workshop ticket?

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyJersey View Post
    You are right Forrest, it possibly sounds like the art exhibit is only for 15 minutes, although the mention is under speakers. Actually, that is a time slot for Michael to speak about it. Will come up with a way to convey that.
    Actually I meant the $15 fee. It looks like everyone, including viewers have to pay $15.
    Look at ffdiver5597's post above.
    Sump Divers

I dont see any $15 fees attached to any part of the art exhibit. teh art exhibit is on Saturday

There is a clinic on Sunday that has a $15 fee which is not affiliated with the art show. It is something totally different.
    9/11....... I remember .........