Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Time Out User

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Nice! Looks just like mine except for the bungees. I have been using a ring bungee setup I put together because here all my dives are either boat dives or somewhere I have to trek the bottles. I want to try that bungee setup to see if it will hold my bottles tighter and slightly farther back. I am using AL80's at the moment.
    I don't use the bungee "strap" to hold them in place anymore, it moved around too much. I just cinch the bungees to the harness with a tri-glide at the top of the wing.

It definitely helps with the trim of the cylinders. Gets them right behind the armpit and inline with your body. I don't understand why everyone thinks the ring bungees are so good for boat diving, or any diving for that matter. The trim is just horrendous no matter what way you use them, I use Edd's way myself. Clip in the tanks, then when I am in the water, I wrap the bungees around the valves. Easy.

Quote Originally Posted by jcook View Post
    I don't use the bungee "strap" to hold them in place anymore, it moved around too much. I just cinch the bungees to the harness with a tri-glide at the top of the wing.

It definitely helps with the trim of the cylinders. I don't understand why everyone thinks the ring bungees are so good for boat diving, or any diving for that matter. The trim is just horrendous no matter what way you use them, I use Edd's way myself. Clip in the tanks, then when I am in the water, I wrap the bungees around the valves. Easy.
    Well, I decided to try to make some bungee loops. I have tried the regular style bungees, and hated them. So I went to the ring bungee setup. I like it, and it seemed to work fine. So after looking at yours, I decided to try to make something similar.

I have the newer style wing so it has a grommet in the webbing to bolt it to the top plate. I had to then add a grommet to my back/crotch strap to hold it in place so I could use the tri-glide like you suggested. Here is what I came up with. I still need to water test it though, and figure out the bungee length.

It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

do you use the butt plate just with steel tanks or are you using them for AL 80s also?

Time Out User

I just use steels with mine.

I met a guy from Russian the weekend before last at Ginnie who married a Nomad wing to a DIY Razor...don't think I've seen that before.

Dave
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Russian_Razor_01.jpg
Views:	311
Size:	1,003.3 KB
ID:	6051   Click image for larger version

Name:	Russian_Razor_02.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	961.6 KB
ID:	6050  
    "BM is so eighties" — Phillip1

Quote Originally Posted by ffdiver5597 View Post
    do you use the butt plate just with steel tanks or are you using them for AL 80s also?
    Mine is pre-planning for the use of steel tanks. I wanted to get used to having it on there, and seeing if I could reach everything ok first. I currently only dive AL80's, but am going to try out steel soon and I wanted to be prepared.

Jordon, what steels do you use with that wing?

Time Out User

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Mine is pre-planning for the use of steel tanks. I wanted to get used to having it on there, and seeing if I could reach everything ok first. I currently only dive AL80's, but am going to try out steel soon and I wanted to be prepared.

Jordon, what steels do you use with that wing?
    Dove it with LP95's, but that wing was struggling. It seems a lot more comfortable with the LP85's, and I would imagine it would be like having nothing on with LP45's.

FWIW I do all dives with a drysuit, but I just keep the squeeze off.

Great, thanks for the info. I plan on using LP85's or smaller tanks with this setup. I always dive dry when using steels, so that should be a non issue. I will be building another setup based on the same harness and a larger wing for diving larger steel tanks.

I got a set of lp72's on a trade and they are fantastic!

Default My "Razit"

Here is the inside and outside of mine. I have made a couple changes..

1. Bungies are now quick linked individual bungies. Got tired of chasing them behind my back when I forgot to clip them and pulled on the other side to grab a bottle.
    2. The side of the wing is now attached to the belt just inside the back D-rings. Attaching to the sides allowed the wing to fold up in the middle. Attaching to the sides lets me pull it tight across the back and prevent turtling.
    3. The extra buckle on the inside (left the tail long on the upper plate attachment) really makes adding weight a snap. Best thing I did.

I dive Big steels, little steels and aluminums and all I have to do is adjust a few weights for trim.

Click image for larger version

Name:	037.JPG
Views:	299
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	6055Click image for larger version

Name:	034.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	1.93 MB
ID:	6056
    Steve Harbin
    Richmond, TX