Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Cenote Video

Default Cenote Video

Hi,

I just returned from a trip to the lovely Riviera Maya. I was actually there to film Bull sharks but I snuck away for a day to play in the caves. Natalie Gibb was my guide, she was fantastic! I asked to see fossilized bones and mayan artifacts and she modeled for me.

On an unrelated note, if anyone will be at the Upper Midwest Scuba & Adventure show in St. Paul MN next weekend (Feb 24/25) I'll be doing a 3D presentation showing incredible footage from wrecks, reefs, and of course caves! The cave footage is spectacular in 3D. Its from the Bahamas and Dominican Republic. Love to see you there if your in the area!

Enjoy the video,
    Becky

http://vimeo.com/37042655

Nice. Thanks for posting.

Very cool...thank you for sharing
    The difficult we can do immediately, the impossible will take a week...ten days at most.

Awesome video.

Becky, your videos are always amazing. I have not seen many of them, but the ones I have seen leave me breathless. This one is phenomenal. I like that your videos are not just following fins, and that you take the time to show the scenery of the caves. Beautiful.
    It's not the years in your life that matter, but the life in your years.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesK View Post
    Becky, your videos are always amazing. I have not seen many of them, but the ones I have seen leave me breathless. This one is phenomenal. I like that your videos are not just following fins, and that you take the time to show the scenery of the caves. Beautiful.
    Thanks James, that means a lot to me! I love the caves and love to show the beauty of them. Its great to have a diver but the idea is to just use the diver to show scale, but the cave is the main focus! Hope you get to watch more of my short videos. I've been working on a lot of 3D the last few years and it is just now starting to air on TV which is exciting.

If anyone will be at Beneath the Sea in New Jersey in March i'll be doing another cave presentation showing footage from caves in the Bahamas, Dominican Republic, Mexico and of course Florida. It might even be in 3D if things work out =)

Bec

Every time I see one of your films it just gets better and better. You are the best. How about doing one, if you haven't already, on Cow? Take care and thanks.
    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham

beautiful. I have to agree with JamesK's comment. Very refreshing. I hope to soon have the skills to safely visit some of these locations.

Quote Originally Posted by TONY CHANEY View Post
    Every time I see one of your films it just gets better and better. You are the best. How about doing one, if you haven't already, on Cow? Take care and thanks.
    Thanks Tony, I appreciate that! I've shot stills in Cow but no video. I'd like to get in there now that i'm doing more side mount and check out some other passages with the camera. I'm not a CDS member though so I don't get to cow much anymore. Hoping to shoot some video in other side mount systems on my next trip. That should be a blast!

PS: thanks for your kind words too John! I hope you get to Mexico soon, the cenotes are spectacular! There is just so much to see down there!

Quote Originally Posted by BecKave View Post
    I've shot stills in Cow but no video.
    where can we view them...bet they look great?
    "...some night, in the chill darkness, someone will make a mistake: The sea will show him no mercy." John T. Cunningham