Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Administrator Forum Admin

Default Need pictures of cave vandalism

I need some pictures of cave graffiti. I have some of Cow, but JB, Troy, and Orange Grove would be good.

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Special Forum Member

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    I need some pictures of cave graffiti. I have some of Cow, but JB, Troy, and Orange Grove would be good.
    There's some in the ballroom at Eagle's Nest as well, if someone's out that way soon.

I Semper Fi, Cameron David Smith, my son, my hero. 11/9/1989 - 11/13/2010

Never forget, we were all beginners once. Allain Burrese

My name is Shirley Kasser Creech and I approve this message. Well, at least one of me does, anyway. Maybe. Fire. Sharp things. Squirrel!

Forrest
    I also have extensive pics of the restoration at Cow if that helps
    MA

Www.artflowslikewater.com
    Brendan's Law - "Know what you're breathing. Analyze your gas for O2 and Co. Analyze your gas each time, everytime, anywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelAngelo View Post
    Forrest
    I also have extensive pics of the restoration at Cow if that helps
    MA
    You sent me some already, but thanks again

Sump Divers

I guess this is not what you are looking for, or?

If you need more google lascaux France or chauvet.

http://www.lascaux.culture.fr/?lng=en#/en/00.xml

Sounds stupid but this used to be considered cave graffiti/ vandalism now several thousand years later it's considered art and we are glad to have them. I've seen some in southern France, don't know which cave we went but there were quite impressive. Not saying that the modern cave vandalism is, just thought this might be from interest since it sounded you are preparing a talk about this and it might be of interest where cave graffiti originated from a long time ago.

Everyone else don't take this as invitation to do graffiti to become famous 20,000 years later.

Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    Forrest, just let me know what you want it to say, and I will take care of it this weekend.

"I looked up my family tree and found out I was the sap"
    "I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous - everyone hasn't met me yet."
    "Yeah, I know I'm ugly... I said to a bartender, 'Make me a zombie.' He said 'God beat me to it."
    "I went to a fight the other night, and a hockey game broke out."
    "I came from a real tough neighborhood. I put my hand in some cement and felt another hand."

Rodney Dangerfield 10-5-2004

"Into the blue again; in the silent water
    Under the rocks, and stones; there is water underground" Talking Heads

Quote Originally Posted by OFG-1 View Post
    Forrest, just let me know what you want it to say, and I will take care of it this weekend.
    It could say "John is a ***** "

Sump Divers

I was at devil's den with open water students recently and found initials, hearts, xx loves yy, etc. on one big flat rock....they even left the writing rocks in a neat row for others to use! there was a phone number to call for sex with someone's ex-girlfriend. but all the graffiti was on that one large flat rock. Like I've been saying for years now a few signs at the entrance to the water (on land) would go a long way to curtailing the graffiti. I didn't take pictures. Then again it's not cave graffiti (although the iron bars blocking the cave entrances were knocked down and it was pretty easy to get into a cave dive so those that want to violate the rules and check out the cave possibility at devil's den...now is the time. Owner was concerned (I mentioned it to her) and wants to get someone out there to fix the bars back.

skip

"Learning the techniques of others does not interfere with the discovery of techniques of one's own." B.F. Skinner, 1970.

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    I was at devil's den with open water students recently and found initials, hearts, xx loves yy, etc. on one big flat rock....they even left the writing rocks in a neat row for others to use! there was a phone number to call for sex with someone's ex-girlfriend. but all the graffiti was on that one large flat rock. Like I've been saying for years now a few signs at the entrance to the water (on land) would go a long way to curtailing the graffiti. I didn't take pictures. Then again it's not cave graffiti (although the iron bars blocking the cave entrances were knocked down and it was pretty easy to get into a cave dive so those that want to violate the rules and check out the cave possibility at devil's den...now is the time. Owner was concerned (I mentioned it to her) and wants to get someone out there to fix the bars back.

skip
    I don't suppose you have any pictures?

Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by skip View Post
    ...(although the iron bars blocking the cave entrances were knocked down and it was pretty easy to get into a cave dive so those that want to violate the rules and check out the cave possibility at devil's den...now is the time. Owner was concerned (I mentioned it to her) and wants to get someone out there to fix the bars back.

skip
    Its about time.