As noted in another thread, Abe Davis or an equivalent has been required for some time at upstream Cow Springs but apparantly for a number of reasons not enforced. At the time of this policy change there were several incidents that resulted in a sentiment amongst the CDS for an increase effort at conservation of the caves and the Property Management Plan Commitee responded with this requirement to dive at upstream Cow Spring. An important part of managing the properties is taking comment from the membership as much as possible. I am at fault for not doing this enough in my tenure as the Director responsible for NSS-CDS properties. So having said that, what would be your choice for restricting access to upstream Cow Spring for the purposes of conservation and or safety???
1. Abe Davis or equivalent (100 safe cave dives) for access by all divers.
2. Abe Davis or equivalent (100 safe cave dives) by at least one member of the dive team.
3. At least one member of the dive team having prior experience in upstream Cow Spring.
4. No experience requirement for access.
5. Another option that I didn't think of.... (happens a lot!!!)