Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Default Great Florida Trip

Just wrapped up a great cave diving trip to Florida. Started out in High Springs area where we dove Peacock twice, Little River three times, Ginnie Springs, Orange Grove along with a run down to Eagles Nest. Two in our group dove Cow, I elected to sit this dive out. Also Telford where three in the group dove and I sat guard. Just didn't feel like lugging my Rebreather and bailout upstream, (hey I'm 62 what can I say).

From High Springs we moved over to Marieanna, to dive Jackson Blue. Two in our group (Ron B. and Cindy L.) planned on just one dive before turning north. Cindy had an issue with her Rebreather so sat out, Ron scootered. Dave S. and I stayed 4 nights doing six dives at Jackson Blue.

Had a great time and plan on heading back down sometime in February. Got our gas while in HS at Amigo's. Wayne was a ton of help. In Marieanna we used Cave Adventurers, Ed along with his staff made things go smoothly. Thanks to all.

Right now I'm sitting in Ft. Walton Beach. Slowly working my way west before the inevitable turn north back to Minnesota.

Al

Not much good diving in Fort Walton unless you go out on a boat and are willing to get your gear salty. But if you have a fishing license with a lobster permit (less that 20 bucks) it is lobster season

Hey Al, I had a great time as well! I only hope that every trip down can match this trip. I got home yesterday, and I am already looking for an excuse to come back.
    Gee dear, I forgot something and have to go back next week
    Thanks to Al, Ron and Cindy for showing me around and I look forward to diving with all off you again!
    Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    One of my Top Five Most Memorable Dives Ever was at the Destin Jetties.
    "Most Memorable" - that could be either good or bad!

So, some of each!

The latter part sounds a little adventurous - I have pulled quite a few porcupine quills out of dogs and people, but never with the fretful porpentine still attached!

Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    One of my Top Five Most Memorable Dives Ever was at the Destin Jetties.
    I know I mentioned the destination jetties on another topic about fort Walton. It is a good dive if you time it right. I have dove there with horrible vis, a horrendous current, a tropical storm, and plenty of perfect days and it is always at least an interesting dive. It is nice in the summertime because it is warm enough so that I can do the dive in swim trunks and all I need for weight is a steel 72. If only it weren't for the salt water and the long walk I would do it more often