Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    In a Virgin Cave in Dominican Republic :D

Default helmet, what size??

well, I bought a child op helmet at wallmart and is way too big... what size should I get? I was thinking in buying the dora the explroer which is a 3+ but not sure if has holes on the top under the sticker? somebody knows?

also, the protec ace are very cool, but $$, not possible to mistake in size, I can only find small and is about same size that the one I got, what size should I go if I decide to go protec??? I can see size charts that there is a junior model?? which one is the good one?

thanks....

Cristian Pittaro
    www.neptunoworld.com
    and don't forget to check out my MiniSpools
    http://www.dr-ss.com Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://la-hispaniola.com Free maps for Dominican Republic and Haiti for Garmin GPS's

I believe the pro tec ace ap 1000 is one size fits all, but there is an adjustment band (that some people remove). They are hard to find, though a kayak dealer in Australia still has (had) a few and will ship them internationally. One of the North Florida cave diving equipment manufacturers will be selling these very soon at a reasonable cost, though I'm not sure about shipping to DR.

You finding passage too tight for the Petzl?

Dave

"BM is so eighties" — Phillip1

The age 8 size helmets will require the use of some open cell foam pads and a hood after you remove the styrofoam liner to take up the extra space. the age 3 size helmets are more of a direct fit on an adult hooded head with the liner removed.

In a Virgin Cave in Dominican Republic :D

not sure about the one fit all.... I want it to be as tight as possible to my head with the least possible foam.

the pretzel is too big, and does't fit me right and I cannot cut it because it has that plastic adjustment thing on the inside, a friend has a protec and is very nice, but I'm afraid now since I bought that kid small and is way too big, that the small protec would be same, in fact is for same head size.

I know there is one of them that works like I want because I have seen it, not sure which size tho

Cristian Pittaro
    www.neptunoworld.com
    and don't forget to check out my MiniSpools
    http://www.dr-ss.com Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://la-hispaniola.com Free maps for Dominican Republic and Haiti for Garmin GPS's

is head size proportional to brain size?

Dominican Republic Speleological Society
    http://dr-ss.com
    Aquavista Films LLC.
    http://www.aquavistafilms.com

Administrator Forum Admin

Quote Originally Posted by phillip1 View Post

Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

Quote Originally Posted by phillip1 View Post
    Nah, if it was, all of our politicians would have pin heads. Wait, most do!

"I believe Ronald Reagan can make this country what it once was... a large Arctic region covered with ice."
    "We had gay burglars the other night. They broke in and rearranged the furniture"
    "Reality is just a crutch for people who can't cope with drugs"
    "We've had cloning in the South for years. It's called cousins"

"Carpe per diem - seize the check."

Robin Williams 8-11-2014

"There she was - the cave. Like a big craggy jaw, waiting to snap at anything that came along." Lloyd "Mike Nelson" Bridges 3-10-1998

Quote Originally Posted by loquat149 View Post
    One of the North Florida cave diving equipment manufacturers will be selling these very soon at a reasonable cost...
    Who? When? Where? I've been looking for a couple of these for a while - every one I find on the internet is in Australia or the UK.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by MORGAN View Post
    Who? When? Where? I've been looking for a couple of these for a while - every one I find on the internet is in Australia or the UK.

Mike
    PM sent.

"BM is so eighties" — Phillip1

Quote Originally Posted by Neptuno View Post
    well, I bought a child op helmet at wallmart and is way too big... what size should I get? I was thinking in buying the dora the explroer which is a 3+ but not sure if has holes on the top under the sticker? somebody knows?

also, the protec ace are very cool, but $$, not possible to mistake in size, I can only find small and is about same size that the one I got, what size should I go if I decide to go protec??? I can see size charts that there is a junior model?? which one is the good one?

thanks....
    That's what I used. Actually it was "Diego". I removed the foam and cut the lower 1/3 of the helmet off. I re-attached the straps and lined it with a few strips of foam. I then drilled some more holes, and strategically placed some of them for light mounting. With some medium small bungee, you can make a double ended loop that you can thread through the holes and over each end of a small backup. I used an Intova on each side. Sanding and painting the helmet is optional. I would post a pic, but mine is somewhere on the bottom of the Chipola.