Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1

    Default Cylinder Valves M25, 207Bar

    Hi

    Does anyone know of any manufacturer out there that makes modular cylinder valves with M25 thread and rated for 207Bar

    Im looking for modular walves to fit on my S80s but i only come accross with valves rated for 232bar or 300bar

    What happens if i fit 232bar valves on 207bar tanks? Will there be any issue with filling stations?

    Thanks
    Elias

  2. #2
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    16,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_HX View Post
    Hi

    Does anyone know of any manufacturer out there that makes modular cylinder valves with M25 thread and rated for 207Bar

    Im looking for modular walves to fit on my S80s but i only come accross with valves rated for 232bar or 300bar

    What happens if i fit 232bar valves on 207bar tanks? Will there be any issue with filling stations?

    Thanks
    Elias
    In the US, all that matter is what is stamped on the tanks. I am not sure of the rules in Greece.
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  3. #3

    Default

    what happens if a tank is rated for 232bar and is fitted with a valve rated for 207bar?

    thanks
    elias

  4. #4
    Administrator Forum Admin
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    16,522

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Captain_HX View Post
    what happens if a tank is rated for 232bar and is fitted with a valve rated for 207bar?

    thanks
    elias
    The dive shops don't watch for that in the US. It isn't a good idea, though.

    We only have 200 and 300 bar valves here. It is OK to put a 300 bar valve on a 232 bar tank, but not a good idea the other way around.
    Forrest Wilson (with 2 Rs)
    Any opinions are personal.
    Sump Divers

  5. #5

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It is OK to put a 300 bar valve on a 232 bar tank, but not a good idea the other way around.
    i think thats the way to go as i cannot find any 207bar valves to fit my 207bar tanks

    provided that my LDS will give me fills (i will ask them tomorrow) i will fit 232bar valves on my tanks

  6. #6
    Moderator CDF-STAFF Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    The World's Most Beautiful Beaches®
    Age
    55
    Posts
    11,115

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FW View Post
    It is OK to put a 300 bar valve on a 232 bar tank, but not a good idea the other way around.
    You know, in almost 25 years in the scuba industry, I've never seen a scuba cylinder rated above 3500psi (241bar).
    Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

  7. #7

    Default

    The standards here in europe are
    207Bar (3002psi)
    232Bar (3364psi)
    300Bar (4351)

  8. #8

    Default

    I passed by my LDS today and they have no problem fitting 232bar valves on my tanks
    It seems to me that this is common practice

    Thanks for your help
    Elias


 

Similar Threads

  1. steel 45 cu-ft cylinder
    By Jason Wheate in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 05:37 PM
  2. O2 Cylinder and O2 Reg
    By robohips in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-17-2010, 03:24 PM
  3. Cylinder for sidemount
    By tr909 in forum Sidemount Forum
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 03-15-2009, 09:09 PM
  4. WTB: Al 40 Cylinder
    By Daedalus in forum Gear Exchange
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-03-2006, 08:38 PM
  5. cylinder volume
    By wlamm in forum Main Forum
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 11-13-2004, 08:34 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts