Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Naked Ed

Default Naked Ed

So whats up with this idiot? The wife and I were kayaking the Santa Fe. Put in at Rum Island and did some spring hoppin. We go up a spring run called Lilly Spring and see signs about some guy that may be nude. Im figuring hes got a loin cloth or palm from as britches and I get to the boil first. Wife is slower and still paddling. This guy is sitting on a platform behind a gate I guess he swings open to show whatever he advertises along the way. He tells me to hang on a minute and wait for her. I tell him thats ok buddy well be leaving cause you flash her and shell probably kick your ass. Then I reach back and turn on my radio and she arrives and he starts running his mouth and almost got his ass kicked, or I almost got mine but one things for sure, he would have known he was in a fight. What kind of sideshow is this guy got setup? Has anyone actually sat thru this for the finally? I figured the punk had a 38 for iirrate visitors and I was on about 5 Coronas so I knew we were better off at some other hole besides Lilly.

Naked Ed is somewhat of a fixture at Lily Springs. I have paddled to the springs several times with my youngest daughter. Each time he has been respectful and stayed behind the swinging door. It is my understanding that he does not come out when children are around, and that has been true with us. The first time we visited the spring, he did not hear us and had just gotten out of the water. I think Meg got a flash of his butt for a second or so. In our experience he can be fairly talkative.

He told us that there was a cave system in the larger boil. From his description, it sounds like it is SM if you can even enter. He also told us he had run some divers off on at least one occasion. I be interested if anyone else has more information.

The Great Outdoors Restaurant in High Springs serves a "Naked Ed Pale Ale". Several years ago, my buddy and I were staying overnight in the area and had supper there. We were sitting in the outdoor bar and were drinking one of the beers. All of a sudden, John looks to my right and says, "hey, you are the guy on this beer" Sure enough it was naked Ed but clothed.

FWIW, I think his health is fairly poor and I believe he has brittle bone disease.
    Safe diving,

Sandy Robinson

He did have a sign up. You get what you get. It's his property, he can be naked on it if he wants, just so happens the spring is near it. Too bad for you, i guess.

Actually if the wife wasent insistent on us leaving I was fixin to climb the bank and christen Naked Ed's perverted ass. Then It might have been too bad for us both. I wont be seeing Lilly again. It was pretty though.

Stairman, I suggest you not take up dry caving. Lots of dry cavers enjoy naturism. Being naked is pretty normal for a lot a people. And not a big deal for people like me who grew up around it (with cavers not my family).

Personally, if I had to choose between hanging out with a nekkid guy or a guy who threatens to kick ass, I'd pick the nekkid guy.
    I decided that I needed a redundant glowstick --Mark Schroder

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    Personally, if I had to choose between hanging out with a nekkid guy or a guy who threatens to kick ass, I'd pick the nekkid guy.
    Translation: Squirrel Girl would rather hang out with Naked Ed than you.... lol.

Just kidding.
    There is ABSOLUTELY no PINK in cave diving! -M. Schrader

*It's nice to be important... But it's more important to be nice.* : )

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    The Great Outdoors Restaurant in High Springs serves a "Naked Ed Pale Ale".
    They also have the Naked Ed Low Country Boil... EXCELLENT! Ran in to him there once myself.
    "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel Girl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pink arrows View Post
    Translation: Squirrel Girl would rather hang out with Naked Ed than you.... lol.

Just kidding.
    Reminds me of a quote from the late lewis Grizzard - "In the south there's a difference between 'Naked' and 'Nekkid.' 'Naked' means you don't have any clothes on. Nekkid' means you don't have any clothes on ... and you're up to somethin!"
    Safe diving,

Sandy Robinson

Quote Originally Posted by sandy View Post
    Reminds me of a quote from the late lewis Grizzard - "In the south there's a difference between 'Naked' and 'Nekkid.' 'Naked' means you don't have any clothes on. Nekkid' means you don't have any clothes on ... and you're up to somethin!"

BTW, Sandy, you didn't respond to that message I sent to you, Helo and Sheri.
    I decided that I needed a redundant glowstick --Mark Schroder

"I am but mad northnorthwest. When the wind is southerly I know a hawk from a handsaw." -Hamlet
    Edd has moods. In a bad mood, Edd can be crude, but I have never heard of him being mean. When my daughter and I camped at Lily Spring, he was perfectly charming. He talked a lot, but was very informative about the river.
    "I like to do dangerous things safely."