Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tank bands

Default tank bands

Bands for 7.25" cylinders. They are 1.5 inches wide. Not sure who manufactured them, but it was probably Dive Rite. $45 includes shipping. 407-456-4808.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	bands-01.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	374.1 KB
ID:	4062  

Will these fit a set of lp 80's?

I tried a set that DiverLee had last weekend and they would not close. I thought the lp80's were 7.25" cylinders, but it seems they are smaller than that. No, I have not measured them yet.

I have a set of PST LP80s with 7.25 bands on them... I don't know why you had a problem. Do you have a AL80 tank boot or lp72 tank boot you can try to fit?

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

I only had one of the tanks with me last weekend, they may have fit if the two lp80's were tied together with a manifold, but I was hesitant to gamble on them.

What did it look like that you decided it was not a fit? These look like the same bands on my LP80s. If you PM me your cell number, I can text you a pic of them tonight, if that help you any.

"Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable." --JFK

Quote Originally Posted by gasdiver View Post
    Will these fit a set of lp 80's?

I tried a set that DiverLee had last weekend and they would not close. I thought the lp80's were 7.25" cylinders, but it seems they are smaller than that. No, I have not measured them yet.
    I bought those bands and slipped them over my HP 100's no problems. They fit fine. But, I did put them on both tanks.

"Will these fit a set of lp 80's?"

Cylinders come in two sizes, 7.25" and 8" diameter. Aluminum 80's are 7.25, and steel cylinders (both LP and HP) can be found in 7.25" and 8" diameters. I would recommend these bands, due to their width and construction, only be used for aluminum cylinders. They do make bands for 7.25" steel tanks, but they are wider and usually made from stainless steel to handle the heavier weights involved.