Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Lower, Lower Orange

While diving lower lower Orange last weekend we turned right at the first "T" and I saw a line going off to the right about half way through the circuit. It was not marked as a jump. It is not on the map I have. Where does it go?

I want to try it next time we are in Peacock but it was not in our dive plan so we continued. I am curious now as to where it leads. Is this the secret passage to Hendley's?

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

It's the secret passage to the deep section of Jackson Blue.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Shhhhhh!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Slüdge View Post
    It's the secret passage to the deep section of Jackson Blue.
    Have you taken the line? I did a search of forums and could not find any mention of it. I did learn the proper name from a post of yours.

Are you referring to gold line T'ed into the line or a white line jump? Also, describe the area, about half way through iis the smallest section of the circuit and I don't think there's anything there.

Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

If it is where I think it is, it just drops down to a dead-end breakdown "room." And I use the term room lightly.

It was a orange line (or white with silt stains) tied into the gold line after the T coming out of the deep section. I made a right at the "T" after going through the deep section and just before making the left, where the gold runs up against the wall in the siltiest part of the circuit, I saw the line. That section was a little dusty and I could not see very far down that line.

I have heard there is a possible connection from the Crypt or Hendleys to Lower Lower Orange. If this is someones exploration line I don't want to follow it. The map I have does not show additional passage there. It does, however, show a "open" space there but no surveyed passage. If you are lookking at the map it is on the right in the circuit.

That's just a tie off for the line. There's nothing to tie the line to there so theline was extended to tie off to the right. It makes it look like a T but really isn't.

Rob Neto
    Chipola Divers, LLC
    Check out my new book - Sidemount Diving - An Almost Comprehensive Guide
    "Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..." -Sheck Exley

Thanks Rob. I am heading back to Peacock in May and wanted to check it out, if it was a legitimate line. Is the survey of that section of cave complete? No other jumps or passages?

Quote Originally Posted by RN View Post
    That's just a tie off for the line. There's nothing to tie the line to there so theline was extended to tie off to the right. It makes it look like a T but really isn't.
    suuuuure

that's just what they want you to think