Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default Agency membership

Does every cavern/cave agency require membership like NSS-CDS?

No.

It's worth noting though that getting a cert from NSS-CDS is different than becoming a member of NSS or the NSS-CDS and one does not require the other.

Quote Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
    Does every cavern/cave agency require membership like NSS-CDS?
    Membership is not required by the NSS-CDS or the NACD. Most folks here would suggest you join the North Florida Springs Alliance, the National Speleological Society Cave Diving Section and the National Association for Cave Diving. If you are going to be a participant in and a contributor to the cave diving community you are encouraged to join all three organizations. All three organizations promote safe cave diving, conservation and a variety of other community programs.

Quote Originally Posted by DA Aquamaster View Post
    No.

It's worth noting though that getting a cert from NSS-CDS is different than becoming a member of NSS or the NSS-CDS and one does not require the other.
    I misunderstood the form I received: in order to become a member of the CDS you must first be a member of NSS correct?

Quote Originally Posted by mccoy View Post
    I misunderstood the form I received: in order to become a member of the CDS you must first be a member of NSS correct?
    Yes. You can join both online at: nss-cds.org

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    Membership is not required by the NSS-CDS or the NACD. Most folks here would suggest you join the North Florida Springs Alliance, the National Speleological Society Cave Diving Section and the National Association for Cave Diving. If you are going to be a participant in and a contributor to the cave diving community you are encouraged to join all three organizations. All three organizations promote safe cave diving, conservation and a variety of other community programs.
    and if you have the extra scratch join the wakulla county dive club. great group of people up there doing good work

What publication does the NSS put out?

Moderator CDF-STAFF Member

You're comparing grapes and peas. To belong to the NSS-CDS, which is a section of the NSS, you have to belong to the NSS. The NACD is just an organization in and of itself, as are the NFSA and the WCDC.

The NSS publishes NSS News, and the NSS-CDS publishes Underwater Speleology.

Whoever said money can't buy love never bought a puppy.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Wyatt View Post
    Most folks here would suggest you join the North Florida Springs Alliance, the National Speleological Society Cave Diving Section and the National Association for Cave Diving. If you are going to be a participant in and a contributor to the cave diving community you are encouraged to join all three organizations. All three organizations promote safe cave diving, conservation and a variety of other community programs.
    Ditto what Jim said. You can join all three for a combined total of $94 a year, a deal when you consider what is spent for training and equipment.

Last edited by sandy; 10-07-2010 at 07:59 PM. Reason: spelling
    Safe diving,

Sandy Robinson

Damn, I thought I was in a meeting at work there for a minute with all of the accronyms being thrown around.

"Survival depends on being able to suppress anxiety and replace it with calm, clear, quick and correct reasoning..."
    -Sheck Exley