Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Forum Acronyms RSS Feed

Acronyms
    by onetime

Common Acronyms on forums:

[+] at the end of a message line means that there is more to the message. To get it, click on the item.

[-] or [nt] = no text.

"..." (a series of dots). This is often used in place of "[+]" to indicate that there is more to the message. But it is also somewhat ambiguous as it can also just refer to a "pause" (for holding attention or contemplation) or "etc."

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

BB = Bulletin Board

BTW = by the way

DSAO, DSDO = dive safe and often (or dive safe, dive often)

DYAO = dive your ass off

FWIW = for what it's worth

FYI = For your Information

HTH = Hope this Helps

img = Image (a picture is attached)

IMHO = in my humble opinion

IMNSHO = In my not so humble opinion

IYKWIM = If you know what I mean

LMAO = Laughing My Ass Off

LOL = laughing out loud!

MTF = More to Follow

NP = No Problem

NT = No text (everything that needed to be said was done in the subject of the post and there's no text in the body of it)

OOC = Out of Control

Re = Regarding

ROTFLMAO = rolling on the floor laughing my ass off!

TYVM = Thank you Very Much

WAG = Wild Ass Guess

YGM = You've got Mail (often will have something following it like "at aol.com" or such to describe what email location was used)

YW = You're Welcome

Some Common Diving Acronyms:

AOW = Advanced Open Water

BOW = Basic Open Water

DIR = Doing it Right

DIMW = Doing it My Way

DIW = Doing it Wrong

DM = Dive Master

ID = Identification (usually with regard to some sort of animal life)

SI = Surface Interval

NFL = Northern Florida

S-G = Spiegel Grove

For questions or comments about the Resource Pages please email: webmaster@cavediver.net

• Recent Forum Posts

twaldo

Moving to FL, Tampa or Orlando?

That was another thing I learned... DO NOT RENT OR BUY in Alachua county..... the short commute from ANY direction will pay for itself in property taxes and utility bills.

twaldo 07-23-2018 12:53 AM Go to last post
    twaldo

After living in several places in Florida.... when I come back (unless there is a reason, like a job elsewhere) I will be looking at the Jacksonville area.... both for the plentiful IT jobs and the...

twaldo 07-23-2018 12:51 AM Go to last post
    twaldo

Burst disc's

Just wanted to throw a THANK YOU out there... this has been a very informational thread.... both on burst disc's and O2 pumping.... has made me reconsider my AL 40 for O2 and now thinking an LP 50...

twaldo 07-23-2018 12:47 AM Go to last post
    guruboy

Santi Thermovalve - Apeks vs Si-Tech

Does anyone happen to know how to tell an Apeks from an Si-Tech thermovalve? I?m assuming the diameter of the threads is different but can?t find any numbers.

All the stores offer two options but...

guruboy 07-23-2018 12:41 AM Go to last post
    Adler

I'm another one who travels a lot and chose to live in High Springs. I fly out of gville sometimes, but also opt for JAX, MCO and even TPA sometimes. It just depends on where I am going and timing....

Adler 07-22-2018 11:38 PM Go to last post
    TraceMalin

MrBil

Very sad news.

TraceMalin 07-22-2018 11:03 PM Go to last post
    pink arrows

Tanks need a ride please!

I also have a few tanks needing a ride... also from Marianna, also to High Springs... maybe our tanks can be road trip buddies :-) Anyone cool making a trip from the Mill Pond to Cave Country soon?

pink arrows 07-22-2018 10:08 PM Go to last post
    rddvet

Regulators

Thanks for all of the good info. That's a prime example of why I don't service my own regs. Lots on tidbits and info you need to know from years of servicing them.

I bought all of the mk10/g250s...

rddvet 07-22-2018 10:03 PM Go to last post
    DA Aquamaster

Burst disc's

I'm in agreement with Tom that an accurate gauge is important. I have a calibrated (and re-calibratable) gauge that I plug in line when boosting O2, and as a check on the other two gauges in the...

DA Aquamaster 07-22-2018 10:03 PM Go to last post
    DA Aquamaster

Regulators

I acquired my dozen or so Mk 10 G250s the same way for stage/bailout bottle use, but service them myself. The Mk 10 G250 is a great reg for use on stage bottles or deco bottles. It's a great...

DA Aquamaster 07-22-2018 09:47 PM Go to last post
    whodunit68

I travel extensively for work and live in High Springs. I love-really enjoy- living here. I fly out of GNV when I can but my wife often goes on my biz trips. So, I'm one of those people who regularly...

whodunit68 07-22-2018 09:38 PM Go to last post
    DA Aquamaster

Regulators

I have a couple Mk 15s in excellent condition that I'd sell with either D400 or X650 second stages. The D400s are in excellent condition and the X650s are near mint.

The Mk 15 differs from the...

DA Aquamaster 07-22-2018 09:33 PM Go to last post