Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Forum Acronyms RSS Feed

Acronyms
    by onetime

Common Acronyms on forums:

[+] at the end of a message line means that there is more to the message. To get it, click on the item.

[-] or [nt] = no text.

"..." (a series of dots). This is often used in place of "[+]" to indicate that there is more to the message. But it is also somewhat ambiguous as it can also just refer to a "pause" (for holding attention or contemplation) or "etc."

AFAIK = As Far As I Know

BB = Bulletin Board

BTW = by the way

DSAO, DSDO = dive safe and often (or dive safe, dive often)

DYAO = dive your ass off

FWIW = for what it's worth

FYI = For your Information

HTH = Hope this Helps

img = Image (a picture is attached)

IMHO = in my humble opinion

IMNSHO = In my not so humble opinion

IYKWIM = If you know what I mean

LMAO = Laughing My Ass Off

LOL = laughing out loud!

MTF = More to Follow

NP = No Problem

NT = No text (everything that needed to be said was done in the subject of the post and there's no text in the body of it)

OOC = Out of Control

Re = Regarding

ROTFLMAO = rolling on the floor laughing my ass off!

TYVM = Thank you Very Much

WAG = Wild Ass Guess

YGM = You've got Mail (often will have something following it like "at aol.com" or such to describe what email location was used)

YW = You're Welcome

Some Common Diving Acronyms:

AOW = Advanced Open Water

BOW = Basic Open Water

DIR = Doing it Right

DIMW = Doing it My Way

DIW = Doing it Wrong

DM = Dive Master

ID = Identification (usually with regard to some sort of animal life)

SI = Surface Interval

NFL = Northern Florida

S-G = Spiegel Grove

For questions or comments about the Resource Pages please email: webmaster@cavediver.net

• Recent Forum Posts

patpicos

Gloves for cold MO waters?

I have pull over Viking dry gloves. For that temp, I would use thin fleece liners

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

patpicos 09-24-2016 10:23 PM Go to last post
    double humper

7mm wetsuit (and vest) recommendations?

I have an Atlan 3 piece 7mm that I have used for the last 15 yrs. Jacket, john and hooded vest. very warm , durable , and flexible. D.H.

double humper 09-24-2016 10:00 PM Go to last post
    Scuba Al

Last Friday (9/16) at Roubidoux I wore my drygloves. Water temp was around 62 degrees, I usually dive in much colder water. But after a 2hr runtime I did feel a bit of a chill. Becoming a wimp I...

Scuba Al 09-24-2016 09:56 PM Go to last post
    rddvet

Thoughts on the new Dive Right Nomad LS

I may not have explained myself well and made it confusing. She has an lt she likes for Mx but its not enough lift for steels. So we're looking at options for Florida dives. She likes the lt so we...

rddvet 09-24-2016 09:30 PM Go to last post
    rddvet

I wear these in cold caves overseas. I think they have great dexterity and are comfortable. The secondary seal can go over or under your Drysuit seal. According to the instructions the seal is meant...

rddvet 09-24-2016 09:20 PM Go to last post
    FW

Missouri isn't that cold. I wore lite work gloves last week. 5mm neoprene would be more than enough.

FW 09-24-2016 09:09 PM Go to last post
    Troglodyver

Experience with online college??

THAT's IT Exactly! A collection of folks who intelligently discuss the nuances of various deco algorithms, then degrade into proving which agency trains the best "mask switch while running a jump...

Troglodyver 09-24-2016 08:05 PM Go to last post
    Aotus

I used to think the cold didn't bother me much, at least not my hands feet and face. Oh well, I guess I was wrong, or just young...we'll go with wrong. I would like to dive Roubidoux and maybe...

Aotus 09-24-2016 06:57 PM Go to last post
    gschaut

Waterproof housing for DistoX - Looking for info

Call Ike. What makes camera housings expensive is the controls and lens port. If you are just looking for a plain pressure-tight box, Ike may be able to cut you a deal.

According to the DistoX...

gschaut 09-24-2016 06:48 PM Go to last post
    gschaut

Power Connector Type Question

Be CAREFUL using some other type of connector. Powerpoles can pass higher amperage than most other type of plugs.

If you need to make a "temporary" repair, strip wires and use wire nuts. Then you...

gschaut 09-24-2016 06:44 PM Go to last post
    gschaut

Power Connector Type Question

Anderson Powerpole is the standard connector for the Ham Radio industry. FYI- the 15, 30 and 45 amp connectors are interchangeable. They use the same contacts (45amp) and have different size crimp...

gschaut 09-24-2016 06:39 PM Go to last post
    Northernone

Is side-mount diving being oversold?

As a 20 something year old diver in SM I agree it has been oversold. I get some death looks from the experienced divers and treated like a deity by new McDonald's OW divers.

In reality, my back...

Northernone 09-24-2016 05:54 PM Go to last post