Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Calendar RSS Feed

Click Here for the Calendar
    Only the Moderators and Administrators can edit/add to the calender but we encourage you to inform us of ANY significant cave diving related event so we can keep it updated.

Email or PM any of the following a brief description and date of events:

tj@dayo.com or PM: TJ
    webmaster@dayo.com or PM: Webmaster
    16FW@bellsouth.net or PM: FW

• Recent Forum Posts

JE

Matt the Dreamer : FYI

I spoke with Mathew from MPLS last week and he said to say hi to ya'll. He is doing well, & is headed to Miami soon for some more diving.
    :clapper
    je.

JE 05-28-2017 09:00 PM Go to last post
    chuuk

New to sidemount - which rig?

Better to be safe then sorry, remember what has happened to companies purchased by huish. I would think either Hollis or Oceanic will no longer exist as that would give them 4 reg manufactures. I...

chuuk 05-28-2017 08:58 PM Go to last post
    rddvet

Hart Info....

If you can seemingly easily reach black lagoon from hart, why is bl a guided dive and hart isn't?

rddvet 05-28-2017 08:34 PM Go to last post
    tbone1004

It was acquired by Huish, I don't think there is going to be any issues on warranty. Well established scuba manufacturer, not buying up a competitor per se, so I can't imagine there will be much of...

tbone1004 05-28-2017 08:15 PM Go to last post
    loquat149

I use my XDeep Stealth Classic 2.0 and a dry suit with LP95s attached to the door-handles on the butt plate to make deep TRIMIX dives in, say, Diepolder. I also use this rig to dive AL80's attached...

loquat149 05-28-2017 07:28 PM Go to last post
    chuuk

Remember Hollis is no longer owned by Hollis. hold off purchasing their equipment until the new owner has full control so they have the warranty and you are not stuck in no mans land over warranty

chuuk 05-28-2017 07:01 PM Go to last post
    FW

Ask 10 sidemounters, and you will get at least 11 different opinions. Consider how you are going to learn to use the harness, then ask your instructor, or mentor for their opinion.

FW 05-28-2017 06:35 PM Go to last post
    phreaticus53

Hart Info....

No.. it doesn't exist, regarding diving.
    Call the Park.... but they probably are pretty clueless about the cave. procedures, etc.
    There is a good map on the wall in the store.

phreaticus53 05-28-2017 05:47 PM Go to last post
    cavekrazi

Hart Info....

Do you have that website info?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

cavekrazi 05-28-2017 05:10 PM Go to last post
    eric77

Cavern buddy June 17-June 29

Looking for a buddy to shake some rust off in late June. I can travel anywhere in FL. I was Apprentice certified a few years ago but I haven't done any cave diving in a long time. Caverns only.

eric77 05-28-2017 03:57 PM Go to last post
    phreaticus53

Hart Info....

Besides....how would they enforce it?

phreaticus53 05-28-2017 03:23 PM Go to last post
    phreaticus53

Hart Info....

I may be remembering incorrectly, but I believe the old website section dedicated to diving procedures at Hart said no jumps allowed.
    Could be just the cowebs of time and the usual CRS, however!

phreaticus53 05-28-2017 03:23 PM Go to last post