Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Recent Forum Posts

aainslie

South African to Cave Country: When? Where to stay? What to dive?

Weird seeing a fellow South African here so let me add a couple of words...

Dries, the flow here is halacious in many caves, and while it takes some getting used to, it's an amazing experience....

aainslie 09-23-2016 07:02 PM Go to last post
    Captain Bil

Cave ccr. How much, how soon?

100% Agree. I just felt that we needed to clarify that this is as much an individual skills problem as an equipment problem. It breaks my heart to go areas in JB and HITW that were pristine just a...

Captain Bil 09-23-2016 06:08 PM Go to last post
    Thedragon

Trimix ~250cf 17/50 -- Help me get rid of this

I have two lp85's cranked full of 17/50 that I have no use for. If you dive sidemount or need this mix, let me know. We can either try to Haskell it out or you can borrow the cylinders. I will trade...

Thedragon 09-23-2016 04:17 PM Go to last post
    bullfrog

Roll-offs in Sidemount? Have you ever?

I am with wizard. Ķnobs down, first stage in.no

Rolloffs

bullfrog 09-23-2016 04:00 PM Go to last post
    JR

Bonex Reference RS DPV

Bonex Reference RS scooter in excellent condition purchased new in March 2016.

Less than 4 hours and used in fresh water.

Includes charger, weights, manual, and tow cord.

$5700

Prefer...

JR 09-23-2016 03:53 PM Go to last post
    MORGAN

Only 339 cave dives, 200+/- in BM and the rest in SM. No rolloffs yet in either configuration.

MORGAN 09-23-2016 03:53 PM Go to last post
    Northernone

Waterproof housing for DistoX - Looking for info

Seen a photo where Torsten Schnitter is near the housing if he isn't it's designer. Another contact is Peter Sprouse who was posting about it on Facebook but no recent update.

Hopefully that gets...

Northernone 09-23-2016 03:36 PM Go to last post
    Northernone

Only a couple hundred SM cave hours so far, but I've yet to see a dive where my valves begin roll in any SM configuration... New, but I am not in the habit of bashing my tanks along the cave walls...

Northernone 09-23-2016 03:25 PM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

Don't deny what you are saying as true, and probably would see more since there are more SM/BM divers than CCR. An observation has been made by several people I know,plus personal experience, that...

Kelly Jessop 09-23-2016 03:05 PM Go to last post
    adam0321

Experience with online college??

Yes it does. I do believe that is what the issue is. One of the classes I am taking is only a 1 credit lab couse. However, it is requiring more effort than the 9ther two 300 level classes.

adam0321 09-23-2016 02:55 PM Go to last post
    Captain Bil

To be fair, I've seen way more SPG drag marks from SM divers than CCR diver induced damage. And the biggest culprit - BM banging into the ceiling. It isn't so much the equipment as it is people...

Captain Bil 09-23-2016 02:54 PM Go to last post
    Polarbear6

Diving into the Unknown Trailer

Thanks for posting the link. I just finished watching it and really enjoyed it. Grateful for the subtitles

Polarbear6 09-23-2016 01:55 PM Go to last post