Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
  • Recent Forum Posts

BigTex1836

What is a good computer for a beginner?

Yes, always....rather know I have a fresh battery than risk battery dying on a dive (which hasn't happened). I pull mine just a little past 1/2 on the meter. Cheap investment in a piece of mind. I...

BigTex1836 03-05-2015 10:59 PM Go to last post
    tflaris

Jet Fins

Looks like Rod had a set of 2x fins and James has a set of Larges.. Looks like I'm only missing the x Larges..

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the...

tflaris 03-05-2015 10:56 PM Go to last post
    tbone1004

Hog regs or dive rite regs?

i have no affiliation with them, they aren't owned by DS, but there's a lot of threads keeping them together. All of the regs from ODS have more than a few things in common, so it is no surprise, but...

tbone1004 03-05-2015 10:51 PM Go to last post
    Great White7

Nice, just what I want.

Are you swopping them so early to be sure, or because they only last 30-40 dives?
    Better to be alive and down $2 than to skimp, but wondering if I was at the 20-25 dive...

Great White7 03-05-2015 10:49 PM Go to last post
    BigTex1836

Incredibly easy. Just use a coin turn the slot on the battery cover, remove cover, slide out battery, slide in new battery, replace cap...turn on and acknowledge in the software (a question pop up)....

BigTex1836 03-05-2015 10:44 PM Go to last post
    sskasser

Request from Ranger Rick WSPSSP

I've noticed such signs at other state parks. All but Ravine Gardens is escaping me now, but Ravine Gardens State Park definitely has a sign-in sheet for annual pass holders, clearly noted at the...

sskasser 03-05-2015 10:44 PM Go to last post
    floridabob

My perceptions of our Eagles Nest incident

Post Withdrawn.

bob

floridabob 03-05-2015 10:41 PM Go to last post
    Great White7

Yikes, not good.
    Thanks for that.

Great White7 03-05-2015 10:37 PM Go to last post
    Great White7

How is the battery life on it?

And are they easy to swop out?

Great White7 03-05-2015 10:35 PM Go to last post
    rddvet

to swivel or not to swivel? ease of use or unnecessary hazard?

No other point of failure you could find? I searched online and couldn't find anything. Are you seeing more failures than before on the "edd swivels" to make the switch or was it based on this...

rddvet 03-05-2015 10:18 PM Go to last post
    rddvet

In my opinion it's not. The predator screen is much better than the petrel. I do believe from my understanding that the petrel samples depth changes slightly more than the predator does. I could have...

rddvet 03-05-2015 10:13 PM Go to last post
    WEPIV

Doc recommendation

MA, you'll have to call and check, but the Gainesville Orthopedic Institute in Gville is who I went to with my broken leg bones last year. (Dr. Rocca, a former Navy diver.)
    It's worth a phone call...

WEPIV 03-05-2015 09:57 PM Go to last post