Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
  • Recent Forum Posts

twaldo

Little River 4/27/15

Just trying to abide by NAUI CAVE1 standards.... no siphons, 100' bottom, 2 nav decisions, and no deco....

Thermally I am fine, no matter how many people would like to think I'm freezing my butt...

twaldo 05-03-2015 08:29 PM Go to last post
    twaldo

Ambidextrous line deployment

:) Ok, so I'm NOT alone in this. I don't know what all I got entangled in on Saturday, but it was to the point that I literally had to cut the line, somehow it got between me and my tank?? I was...

twaldo 05-03-2015 08:20 PM Go to last post
    tflaris

what do the standards say?

TDI Cavern
    https://www.tdisdi.com/tdi/get-certified/Cavern-Diver/

TDI Intro
    https://www.tdisdi.com/tdi/get-certified/intro-to-cave-diver/

TDI Cave...

tflaris 05-03-2015 08:19 PM Go to last post
    twaldo

Manatee Springs (from Catfish) 5-3-15

More of a thank you Chris(erdcphotoman) for a proper introduction to Manatee Springs but for anyone that was interested the flow seemed to be down (from my first experience) it was comparable to...

twaldo 05-03-2015 08:11 PM Go to last post
    tflaris

Madison is open

Thanks Kelly

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed that is the only thing that ever has."
    - Margaret Mead, Anthropologist

tflaris 05-03-2015 07:46 PM Go to last post
    Aotus

Agreed. How is this absent from their website?

But, is your question whether the tdi class was violating standards? I got the impression from the NACD training violation thread that the concern...

Aotus 05-03-2015 07:36 PM Go to last post
    tflaris

Primary Lights

Trying before buying is a nice option when possible.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed that is the only thing that ever has."

tflaris 05-03-2015 07:32 PM Go to last post
    Ben M

I see the line at cave trained level with some leeway to the apprentice level, but those sites and dives at the intro level? Not a chance in my opinion. I also think the an/dp course structure is...

Ben M 05-03-2015 07:16 PM Go to last post
    BabyDuck

i don't know either. my cave cards are nacd, not tdi. my an/dp and mix are tdi.

ok, so it seems there's no real consensus. either this needs to be spelled out, or not witch-hunted.

BabyDuck 05-03-2015 07:07 PM Go to last post
    LCF

Ambidextrous line deployment

I'm with you. I'm super happy with the reel in my right hand, but I was taught to run it with the left. If I run it with the left and the line routing is to the right of me, I run the line through...

LCF 05-03-2015 06:57 PM Go to last post
    LCF

After a cave diving death you

I've been doing this for 8 years now. I just spent a few days diving with a C1/Intro diver, and I had to look at my own practices and see in which places I would not want to see a novice cave diver...

LCF 05-03-2015 06:55 PM Go to last post
    tflaris

Upper Neuse Clean Water Initiative

Protect the Water by Protecting Land

How do we stop pollution from reaching the streams, rivers and reservoirs that provide our drinking water? One of the most effective ways to protect drinking...

tflaris 05-03-2015 06:28 PM Go to last post