Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Scooters RSS Feed

A Simple and DIR Tow Rope.
    By Charles Ayash

One of the CDS Directors showed me this last year and I feel that these simple pics are pretty much self explanatory.

1) The Basic tow rope is a braided nylon between 1/8 -3/16 dia with loops at each end.

Between 5'-7' of total length is all that is needed depending on the divers build.

2) The rope is fed through the loops to create a cinch.

3) Cinch loop is passed over the DPV Handles

4) Cinch is tightened

Repeat 2,3,4 for each Handle.

Towing

5) Pin each trigger and set prop pitch to lowest setting.

6) Feed Bolt snap under the Lid handle and clip off to Front D Ring of Crotch Strap.

7) This is a Burn Tester for more on this please refer to http//:www.wkpp.org

• Recent Forum Posts

bamafan

Switching from canister to hand held

I have a Big Blue 4500 handheld that I use on shorter dives. I also have a LM 20ah canister with an led I use sometimes. I really don't notice any difference in trim between the two lights. I am...

bamafan 01-18-2018 06:23 AM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

Sad news

The ironic thing is you reported this screen shot from your cell phone at 13:13

Kelly Jessop 01-18-2018 06:18 AM Go to last post
    Diverlee

Sad news

Possible. We went there after Diving one day. Really enjoyed the tour. Very informative. Just sad to see it closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diverlee 01-18-2018 06:03 AM Go to last post
    Neil

Misc Gear FS

did you get rid of the STA? if not let me know how much and paypal info.

Neil 01-18-2018 04:05 AM Go to last post
    JohnnyC

Underwater drill

We had a Nemo at work over in Dubai. It was cool, but pneumatic was much easier 99% of the time.

JohnnyC 01-17-2018 11:49 PM Go to last post
    JohnnyC

Switching from canister to hand held

Any reason you don't mount it on your crotch strap? Right about where the leg meets the meat. Check out the xDeep canister light mount. It works surprisingly well. I had my reservations, but I ended...

JohnnyC 01-17-2018 11:32 PM Go to last post
    Scuba Al

Ginnie Cave DPV

On my way home after a short dive trip. Hit JB, Little River and Peacock. Didn’t even bother with Ginnie now that they require CCR Cave.

Scuba Al 01-17-2018 11:12 PM Go to last post
    OutlawCaver

Morrison conditions

Friend went today and said viz was very good. However, he said some A-hole dragged on of the steel picnic table to the bottom of the lower cavern.

OutlawCaver 01-17-2018 11:07 PM Go to last post
    patpicos

Silver Glen Spring was closed today, police investigation

sad news put brings closure to the family. Not Bens vortex #2

patpicos 01-17-2018 09:24 PM Go to last post
    bamafan

Silver Glen Spring was closed today, police investigation

Well it seems they finally found him. I am sure the recovery was bad after 3 weeks. Definitely sad especially being that young.

bamafan 01-17-2018 09:10 PM Go to last post
    phillip1

Sad news

Truth is most of the fossils and artifacts in this “museum” where collected without any official INAH permits. IMO that is the reason for the closure.

phillip1 01-17-2018 08:39 PM Go to last post
    ARY

Underwater drill

Right, one can always insert a propeller bit which makes it handheld scooter and restrictions blower.

ARY 01-17-2018 08:24 PM Go to last post