Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Cavern RSS Feed

The hose configuration on this single tank is commonly seen at the Cavern and Intro levels of Cave Diving, with the diver using an H Valve to provide regulator redundancy.

• Recent Forum Posts

Raptor^

Silt stakes

Thanks guys :)

Raptor^ 01-22-2018 11:51 AM Go to last post
    ARY

Silt stakes

I prefer simple lanyard loop or S-link through the hole in PVC pipe. S-link is a quick-link paracord equivalent of carabiner so it allows to fix it on or off, sliding through or fixed point. The...

ARY 01-22-2018 11:12 AM Go to last post
    LiteHedded

Silt stakes

notch at the top. halfway or less. doesnt really matter

LiteHedded 01-22-2018 11:11 AM Go to last post
    Raptor^

Silt stakes

How deep do you make the notch? Halfway through or less? Only downside I can see with a notch is more wear on the line, and more work of course, but you avoid the line slipping off the stake.

Raptor^ 01-22-2018 10:53 AM Go to last post
    RB Havens

NFSA Madison Blue step project volunteer request

If anyone has any questions or is interested in volunteering for the Madison Blue Spring stairs replacement can contact me here, the NFSA website or Facebook. We will be sending out regular emails...

RB Havens 01-22-2018 10:53 AM Go to last post
    RB Havens

You should be able to walk from the parking lot, down the main stairs to the walkway. You will not be able to turn left and get to the deck and stairs, but turn right and walk around the spring on...

RB Havens 01-22-2018 10:49 AM Go to last post
    Daedalus

Ginnie Cave DPV

Yes, I believe they do. That's also why I said "depending on where they go in the cave." There's no such thing as an underground & underwater "navigable waterway."

Sent from my SM-N920V using...

Daedalus 01-22-2018 10:30 AM Go to last post
    Adler

Ginnie Cave DPV

Please explain... are you saying that GSO owns the actual cave under their property? Even the map they sell in the shop show very little of the Devils system is south of the river bank.

Adler 01-22-2018 10:23 AM Go to last post
    CptTightPants21

I'm not as familiar with Madison. Is it still possible to exit the main entrance and get to the parking lot wearing doubles without the stairs? What is the route?

CptTightPants21 01-22-2018 10:19 AM Go to last post
    bamafan

Ginnie Cave DPV

One thing I was told is that the Sportmans Law exemption doesn't apply if they charge any fees to access the site. As assinin as the rules are they own the sandbox so if you want to play in it you...

bamafan 01-22-2018 09:58 AM Go to last post
    OFG-1

Turn key cave diving equipment

Don't worry. John will be the last person to let you down.

OFG-1 01-22-2018 09:48 AM Go to last post
    Daedalus

Ginnie Cave DPV

And then depending where they go in the cave they go back onto it.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Daedalus 01-22-2018 09:47 AM Go to last post