Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Configurations RSS Feed

This site is designed as a resource for both new and seasoned cave divers. You will see here a multitude of different equipment, configurations and styles including but not limited to, back mount, side mount, DIR, and rebreathers. It is the author's intention to present these equipment choices and configurations in an unbiased manner, so the educated individual is presented with a wide variety of options in order to make a well informed, personal decision regarding their caving gear and style. Many thanks to the people who have donated their time, ingenuity and knowledge to make this page available and especially to those who continue to educate about safety, knowledge, technique and conservation and are actively working to keep our wonderful underwater caves open for diving!!

If you would like to submit pictures of your personal gear configuration and/or an accompanying text to explain why your gear is configured in this manner or if you have any comments or suggestions as to how this site could be improved, please feel free to email me at Rich@cavediver.net. Thanks for taking the time to look at this site and safe diving!!

The purpose of the GEAR CONFIGURATION RESOURCE PAGE (GCRP) is to provide a resource or library for reviewing other cave divers gear configurations and methods. This section is not a place to learn how to cavern or cave dive. This section contains plenty of ideas, comments, and opinions. Be careful, responsible, and mature, in how you use anything you read here. Moderators do not monitor the accuracy of the content posted here, and the ideas and opinions posted herein are personal ideas and opinions, and as such can be misleading and/or inaccurate, or at least extremely subjective. Entry into any overhead environment without proper training and equipment can get you killed (movie with sound). Opinions expressed in this section are not necessarily those of the sponsors

Richard Courtney
    CDF GCRP Coordinators

• Recent Forum Posts

OFG-1

Charismatic Microfauna of Florida

Will they be covering all of the Florida classics such as Chagas, Giardiasis, Toxoplasmosis, and Cyclosporiasis?

Hard to be charismatic when you have a flaming case of cyclops if the blowhole.

OFG-1 10-23-2017 01:17 PM Go to last post
    jj1987

Ginnie

It's always amusing to me when old timers attempt to pass the logic that cave conservation was taught more back in the day. I took an intro to cave class from a prior NACD president (who was...

jj1987 10-23-2017 01:01 PM Go to last post
    kensuf

Ginnie

If you can't tell the difference between a bleached rock that has been manhandled by others and a clay bank then don't touch anything.

kensuf 10-23-2017 01:00 PM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

Charismatic Microfauna of Florida

What: Small creatures comprising the vast majority of Florida's fauna are frequently over looked despite their often fascinating natural histories and important ecological roles. This program...

Kelly Jessop 10-23-2017 12:24 PM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

Ginnie

Pull and glide is a term that probably should be removed from our lexicon. Pull and pull would suggest high flow system where physical contact is needed, but if a person can glide, then swimming may...

Kelly Jessop 10-23-2017 12:17 PM Go to last post
    IowaCaveDiver

Don't ship scooters

nahh... i've already got this guy lined up to make the delivery.

IowaCaveDiver 10-23-2017 11:17 AM Go to last post
    Jack Hammer

Ginnie

Yep, sometimes that "clearly solid rock" turns out to actually be clay.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jack Hammer 10-23-2017 11:07 AM Go to last post
    rddvet

Don't ship scooters

You should've negotiated to have UPS pay to ship it back to you. :rollguy

rddvet 10-23-2017 10:40 AM Go to last post
    IowaCaveDiver

Don't ship scooters

I received a Minnis 1.5 not long ago (I think it was fedex)... poorly packaged with a couple rolls of bubble wrap wrapped around it, loosely stuffed in a home depot "moving" box... thank god it...

IowaCaveDiver 10-23-2017 10:28 AM Go to last post
    decostanza

Don't ship scooters

I think endorsements are perfectly fine given the nature of the gear we use and occasionally sell. Thank you Gschaut as I will remember them as a shipper option next time I ship anything of this...

decostanza 10-23-2017 10:16 AM Go to last post
    gschaut

Don't ship scooters

There are GOOD shipping companies for heavy/delicate equipment. But UPS is not one of them. Not supposed to give endorsements on this board, but their initials are DHL. I used to ship/recieve...

gschaut 10-23-2017 10:12 AM Go to last post
    Michael F

Don't ship scooters

Thanks for the tips Matt. This just reinforces my thoughts about never shipping a scooter.

Michael F 10-23-2017 10:03 AM Go to last post