Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Configurations RSS Feed

This site is designed as a resource for both new and seasoned cave divers. You will see here a multitude of different equipment, configurations and styles including but not limited to, back mount, side mount, DIR, and rebreathers. It is the author's intention to present these equipment choices and configurations in an unbiased manner, so the educated individual is presented with a wide variety of options in order to make a well informed, personal decision regarding their caving gear and style. Many thanks to the people who have donated their time, ingenuity and knowledge to make this page available and especially to those who continue to educate about safety, knowledge, technique and conservation and are actively working to keep our wonderful underwater caves open for diving!!

If you would like to submit pictures of your personal gear configuration and/or an accompanying text to explain why your gear is configured in this manner or if you have any comments or suggestions as to how this site could be improved, please feel free to email me at Rich@cavediver.net. Thanks for taking the time to look at this site and safe diving!!

The purpose of the GEAR CONFIGURATION RESOURCE PAGE (GCRP) is to provide a resource or library for reviewing other cave divers gear configurations and methods. This section is not a place to learn how to cavern or cave dive. This section contains plenty of ideas, comments, and opinions. Be careful, responsible, and mature, in how you use anything you read here. Moderators do not monitor the accuracy of the content posted here, and the ideas and opinions posted herein are personal ideas and opinions, and as such can be misleading and/or inaccurate, or at least extremely subjective. Entry into any overhead environment without proper training and equipment can get you killed (movie with sound). Opinions expressed in this section are not necessarily those of the sponsors

Richard Courtney
    CDF GCRP Coordinators

• Recent Forum Posts

jason

WTB - Faber 85s

I've picked up a pair. Thanks for the offers.

jason 02-15-2018 08:28 AM Go to last post
    mfascuba

Suex XJoy37

Price drop to $4000.

mfascuba 02-15-2018 07:53 AM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

Madison Blue closed to diving

The decision to close was made by visual inspection by the park staff. Your observation is correct in that it receives significant tannic water from conduits in the cave, before it suffers a full...

Kelly Jessop 02-15-2018 06:39 AM Go to last post
    JohnnyC

Its now a forum

Are you giving away an O2 bottle? Dibs!

JohnnyC 02-15-2018 01:54 AM Go to last post
    Draker

Its now a forum

Probably needs a picture to help gain momentum.
    https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180215/69038be003e7d55e9fb5373e06d905b0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Draker 02-14-2018 10:44 PM Go to last post
    tj

Its now a forum

Thought this thread by Teddy is going somewhere, so moved it to its own section. Enjoy.

tj 02-14-2018 09:29 PM Go to last post
    patpicos

i wonder if its still clear at martz. it has not reversed based on gages. discharge is 30cfs (VERY LOW), water temp hasnt changed.

i suspect the intrusion is from the godzilla, and aqueduct first...

patpicos 02-14-2018 08:59 PM Go to last post
    Scubaben

The FREE gear / good karma thread

OOH! I'll take this if you're willing to ship it (I don't need the hose) - I'm currently using a PVC Pipe full of desiccant beads, to dry the shop air for my booster - it's a little janky.

let me...

Scubaben 02-14-2018 08:32 PM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

At this point no. By history it doesn't take Madison much to blow out from a rising river. But, we will keep an eye on the gages.

Kelly Jessop 02-14-2018 08:16 PM Go to last post
    diveconjeff

Is this likely to impact the stair project this weekend?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

diveconjeff 02-14-2018 08:07 PM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

The park announced that due to rising river levels and intrusion that the park have been closed to cave diving. Will provide information when we know more

Kelly Jessop 02-14-2018 07:51 PM Go to last post
    mfascuba

Suex XJoy37

I also have a Silent Submersion UV18 with UV26 body available for $1200. Well worn, never flooded. Born in late 2008, batteries in the 18 are a little over a year old. Batteries in the 26 body are...

mfascuba 02-14-2018 07:32 PM Go to last post