Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Configurations RSS Feed

This site is designed as a resource for both new and seasoned cave divers. You will see here a multitude of different equipment, configurations and styles including but not limited to, back mount, side mount, DIR, and rebreathers. It is the author's intention to present these equipment choices and configurations in an unbiased manner, so the educated individual is presented with a wide variety of options in order to make a well informed, personal decision regarding their caving gear and style. Many thanks to the people who have donated their time, ingenuity and knowledge to make this page available and especially to those who continue to educate about safety, knowledge, technique and conservation and are actively working to keep our wonderful underwater caves open for diving!!

If you would like to submit pictures of your personal gear configuration and/or an accompanying text to explain why your gear is configured in this manner or if you have any comments or suggestions as to how this site could be improved, please feel free to email me at Rich@cavediver.net. Thanks for taking the time to look at this site and safe diving!!

The purpose of the GEAR CONFIGURATION RESOURCE PAGE (GCRP) is to provide a resource or library for reviewing other cave divers gear configurations and methods. This section is not a place to learn how to cavern or cave dive. This section contains plenty of ideas, comments, and opinions. Be careful, responsible, and mature, in how you use anything you read here. Moderators do not monitor the accuracy of the content posted here, and the ideas and opinions posted herein are personal ideas and opinions, and as such can be misleading and/or inaccurate, or at least extremely subjective. Entry into any overhead environment without proper training and equipment can get you killed (movie with sound). Opinions expressed in this section are not necessarily those of the sponsors

Richard Courtney
    CDF GCRP Coordinators

• Recent Forum Posts

how do i get a hose to route without it bending ?

Cool I'll give that a try !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylejones982 03-19-2018 10:09 AM Go to last post

Lost dive computer at Ginnie Springs

Hi everyone,
    My friend and I dive Ginnie Springs last night. We went from Devil's eye and follow on the goldline to 1,200ft marker then turn the dive. After surfacing, my friend realize his dive...

ThaiCaveDiver 03-19-2018 09:52 AM Go to last post

Just for Jeff

What was the reason you found for the water in the loop?

wiley1 03-19-2018 09:48 AM Go to last post

Green face gauges

I meant on the sides, but that would work too :-D

FW 03-19-2018 09:18 AM Go to last post

Green face gauges

Yeah, then just use a craft knife to cut out sections for the pressure marks. Sounds great ;)

Sent from my HUAWEI TIT-AL00 using Tapatalk

joe9001 03-19-2018 09:15 AM Go to last post

Just for Jeff

That is interesting, as I told my buddy I thought I heard y'all abort your dive.

FW 03-19-2018 09:05 AM Go to last post

Just for Jeff

we had P3 issues when we dove it this weekend too. Attempt #1 was with a Manta lung on my meg and I couldn't breathe properly. Aborted, raced back to Cathy's, grabbed my OTS lungs, swapped them over,...

tbone1004 03-19-2018 08:37 AM Go to last post

Just for Jeff

I took an old friend on a dive into Peacock 3 on Saturday. Our plan was to dive the spring tunnel on rebreathers. We got off to a bad start, and stirred up a bunch of silt at the entrance tieoff....

FW 03-19-2018 07:22 AM Go to last post

Property Liabilty Release Form

In case anyone else needs one...

FW 03-19-2018 06:38 AM Go to last post

Green face gauges

Green duct tape? :-)

FW 03-19-2018 06:26 AM Go to last post

Dan Lins

I hate to hear this, Dan was a great guy.

FW 03-19-2018 06:22 AM Go to last post

Green face gauges

Orange does not adhere to my OCD-driven quest to have everything on the oxygen side of my rebreather green.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

moose_grunt 03-19-2018 06:07 AM Go to last post