Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Gear RSS Feed

Please select an option on the left.

• Recent Forum Posts

PsychDiver

Question re: Shearwater Petrel batteies

Early Petrels had battery contacts that got 'flakey' after a while (corrosion). Happened to mine and I started getting intermittent resets. Never tried a SAFT battery in it, and don't know if...

PsychDiver 10-16-2017 04:49 PM Go to last post
    rddvet

Stealth 2.0 + accessories

I agree it semi-defeats the purpose of sidemount, if you're diving tight cave. I tried it on the hip and wasn't a fan. On top of that, many of us have drings on the waist belt permanantly for al80...

rddvet 10-16-2017 03:45 PM Go to last post
    FW

Lube Job question - suex and "vaseline oil"

In Germany, "vaseline oil" is sewing machine oil. I just got some from a sewing machine store. It looks like water, until you shake it up, then you see it is more viscose than water.

I may be at...

FW 10-16-2017 02:43 PM Go to last post
    cmint

Lube Job question - suex and "vaseline oil"

I'm reading the suex manuals and I'm finding something that *might* be lost in translation to me.

They say for the body O ring to lubricate it with "Vaseline oil" and mention "the spray type...

cmint 10-16-2017 02:10 PM Go to last post
    KNo

Thanks, I ordered this. Looks like an excellent solution where I can get both items stuffed under the wing. Apparently he can deliver in 5 days since I'm also in Europe, so looking forward to trying...

KNo 10-16-2017 01:59 PM Go to last post
    Drew

WTB-two goodman handles

Hi I'm looking for two alum goodman handles. I'm going to retrofit these to some video lights so they don't have to be perfect. I don't want to buy new ones when some of you may have some old stuff...

Drew 10-16-2017 01:36 PM Go to last post
    Koreanredleg

Wanted PST or Worthington Galvinized HP 100s ( Singles or Doubles)

Thank you to all that replied! I now have a set of doubles.

Koreanredleg 10-16-2017 12:40 PM Go to last post
    inverted_bear

Put the can on your hip like backmount. It will sit in the crook of the tank if the tanks ride correctly and won't add to your profile. Then if you have a butt plate you can use bungee (surgical...

inverted_bear 10-16-2017 11:51 AM Go to last post
    rddvet

I forgot to mention that I also added bungee loops to the spine pockets so that I could hang a cannister under the wing. I tried it a few times. It worked well, but makes the wing stick out a little...

rddvet 10-16-2017 10:47 AM Go to last post
    Michael F

My buddy uses a Stealth Tec harness and keeps his light canister under the wing. He says it's comfy and doesn't annoy even when the wing is full'ish. I believe he has his argon bottle on the waist...

Michael F 10-16-2017 10:28 AM Go to last post
    rddvet

There's a guy on the stealth 2.0 facebook page that sells some cool hardware for mounting under the wing. I bought a set but haven't used them yet. I butt mount my light but plan to use his hardware...

rddvet 10-16-2017 10:16 AM Go to last post
    Michael F

Question re: Shearwater Petrel batteies

A very good point.

From the Shearwater site; Current Firmware Version: V44

https://www.shearwater.com/support/petrel/

Michael F 10-16-2017 10:12 AM Go to last post