Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum - Cave Diving Resource.
  • Agencies RSS Feed

Listed below are well known and long term, Cavern and Cave Diving Training Agencies:

CDAA Cave Divers Association of Australia
    Cave Diving Group
    of Great Britain
    The official Web Site of the Cave Diving Group of Great Britain
    GUE Global Underwater Explorers
    IANDT International Association of Nitrox and Technical Divers
    NACD National Association for Cave Diving
    NSS-CDS National Speleological Society - Cave Diving Section
    PSAI Professional Scuba Association International
    TDI Technical Diving International

If we left you out or anyone can add to this list please send the link to the Webmaster@cavediver.net

• Recent Forum Posts

Peter Buzzacott

Bakerton Quarry, WV

Thank you Forrest, I've sent a message to the property management service to reach the homeowners association. Hopefully I'll get a permit.

Peter Buzzacott 08-03-2015 10:43 AM Go to last post
    BluEclipse17

Sidemount Reg System Needed

Another +1 for Edd at Cave Adventures. Great group of guys working there and you can not beat the deals he will make. You will likely get something brand new for only a bit more than buying used. His...

BluEclipse17 08-03-2015 09:45 AM Go to last post
    jj1987

DPV Diver

I'm just going to throw this out there-- if you take a class from a DPV instructor it would be well worth your research time to validate that the instructor you're taking it from uses their DPV in...

jj1987 08-03-2015 09:44 AM Go to last post
    AMW

Video from Goul de la Tannerie, France

The Ardèche has many good caves (wet and dry) the sites are a little more spreads out than the Lot. It can also in summer get hot one year we had temperatures of 36C for ten days.

For more diving...

AMW 08-03-2015 08:44 AM Go to last post
    victorzamora

DPV Diver

Well, one cheap(ish) way of finding out is to take the class. Spend the $400-$500 (or whatever it costs) to take the course with a rental scooter.

I think taking the course would be more than...

victorzamora 08-03-2015 08:23 AM Go to last post
    Jay

DPV Diver

Like FoRRest said, anyone can learn to scooter. To me the value of the class was in access to caves that require a cert, the drills that you may need such as towing someone else and OOA situations...

Jay 08-03-2015 07:52 AM Go to last post
    Nitrogenius

DPV Diver

jdobbertien seems to more focus on the question, whether it makes sense to purchase a scooter at all.
    If he would get he'd want to get the training, he made that clear.

So does a scooter make...

Nitrogenius 08-03-2015 07:49 AM Go to last post
    Cave Diver Wayne

New Dive buddy

Hello,
    Semi retired looking for non smoking dive buddy, I can go most times and I live 8 miles from LR I back mount have about 200 cave dives, interested call me 386-963-1080:arrowred

Wayne...

Cave Diver Wayne 08-03-2015 07:07 AM Go to last post
    FW

DPV Diver

To quote the late, great, Rory Dickens: "Anyone can teach themselves anything, but it is more efficient to learn from someone that has already done it".

FW 08-03-2015 06:58 AM Go to last post
    nakatomi

DPV Diver

The DPV class was probably the most useful of all the classes I took. The instructor stressed the importance of properly planning DPV dives, which is not always as straightforward as one might think....

nakatomi 08-03-2015 06:37 AM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

DPV Diver

#1 I qualified to be grand fathered in since I got my Abe Davis before 1997,but I did take the class, and learned a tremendous amount. I don't know what a scooter class costs now,but my money was...

Kelly Jessop 08-03-2015 05:56 AM Go to last post
    diveconjeff

Nitek Q Firmware

Contact DR customer support. They has been helpful with mine.

diveconjeff 08-03-2015 05:40 AM Go to last post