Welcome to the Cave Diver's Forum.
  • Important Links RSS Feed

Please select an option on the left.

• Recent Forum Posts

OFG-1

Charismatic Microfauna of Florida

Will they be covering all of the Florida classics such as Chagas, Giardiasis, Toxoplasmosis, and Cyclosporiasis?

Hard to be charismatic when you have a flaming case of cyclops if the blowhole.

OFG-1 10-23-2017 01:17 PM Go to last post
    jj1987

Ginnie

It's always amusing to me when old timers attempt to pass the logic that cave conservation was taught more back in the day. I took an intro to cave class from a prior NACD president (who was...

jj1987 10-23-2017 01:01 PM Go to last post
    kensuf

Ginnie

If you can't tell the difference between a bleached rock that has been manhandled by others and a clay bank then don't touch anything.

kensuf 10-23-2017 01:00 PM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

Charismatic Microfauna of Florida

What: Small creatures comprising the vast majority of Florida's fauna are frequently over looked despite their often fascinating natural histories and important ecological roles. This program...

Kelly Jessop 10-23-2017 12:24 PM Go to last post
    Kelly Jessop

Ginnie

Pull and glide is a term that probably should be removed from our lexicon. Pull and pull would suggest high flow system where physical contact is needed, but if a person can glide, then swimming may...

Kelly Jessop 10-23-2017 12:17 PM Go to last post
    IowaCaveDiver

Don't ship scooters

nahh... i've already got this guy lined up to make the delivery.

IowaCaveDiver 10-23-2017 11:17 AM Go to last post
    Jack Hammer

Ginnie

Yep, sometimes that "clearly solid rock" turns out to actually be clay.

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk

Jack Hammer 10-23-2017 11:07 AM Go to last post
    rddvet

Don't ship scooters

You should've negotiated to have UPS pay to ship it back to you. :rollguy

rddvet 10-23-2017 10:40 AM Go to last post
    IowaCaveDiver

Don't ship scooters

I received a Minnis 1.5 not long ago (I think it was fedex)... poorly packaged with a couple rolls of bubble wrap wrapped around it, loosely stuffed in a home depot "moving" box... thank god it...

IowaCaveDiver 10-23-2017 10:28 AM Go to last post
    decostanza

Don't ship scooters

I think endorsements are perfectly fine given the nature of the gear we use and occasionally sell. Thank you Gschaut as I will remember them as a shipper option next time I ship anything of this...

decostanza 10-23-2017 10:16 AM Go to last post
    gschaut

Don't ship scooters

There are GOOD shipping companies for heavy/delicate equipment. But UPS is not one of them. Not supposed to give endorsements on this board, but their initials are DHL. I used to ship/recieve...

gschaut 10-23-2017 10:12 AM Go to last post
    Michael F

Don't ship scooters

Thanks for the tips Matt. This just reinforces my thoughts about never shipping a scooter.

Michael F 10-23-2017 10:03 AM Go to last post